Tournament Booking Requirements
All requests for organizational and special interest group tournaments must be made with the director of golf or our tournament coordinator. Organizations or private interest groups must guarantee a field of 120 players in order to host a shotgun start tournament, and a maximum of 144 players.
The Tournament Coordinator will provide forms to be completed such as a Tournament Questionnaire and Contract.
To Request a Tournament
- Contact our tournament coordinator to receive rates and available dates.
- Once you have selected your date(s), please complete the tournament contract and tournament questionnaire to reserve your tournament.
- Submit your tournament contract and deposit to the tournament coordinator within seven days of your scheduled event.
- Upon receipt of your contract and deposit, The Meadows at Mystic Lake will verify the date(s) and number of players and return a signed copy of the contract to you as confirmation for your records.
*Failure to submit the tournament contract and deposit will result in a canceled reservation for your event.
*The deposit will be deducted from your final invoice, which is due and payable two weeks prior to your event.
Tournament Fees and Payment
The Tournament Director or representative must agree to the following terms:
- Will complete a Tournament Contract and pay a non-refundable deposit of $3,000.00 to secure the event date(s) for full field Shotgun events. Smaller events will require a deposit of $1,000.00
- A final invoice will be sent to the Tournament Coordinator after the event, and will include the remaining balance after the nonrefundable deposit has been deducted from the total amount due.
- Payments will not be refunded except in the event the course is closed due to inclement weather
- Play will consist of foursomes only unless prior approval is obtained otherwise
- Tournament format will be a “Scramble” unless prior approval is obtained otherwise
Food and Beverage
All food and beverage must be secured from The Meadows at Mystic Lake or through our Group Sales Department. Any violations of this requirement could lead to cancellation of future tournaments for your organization. If you desire a sit-down meal, banquet room, or box lunch, contact our group sales department at 952-496-6528.
General Rules and Regulations
- All activities and promotions on the golf course require prior approval of the Director of Golf or the Meadows Tournament Coordinator. Please submit your requests as soon as possible for approval.
- Slow play is the #1 problem with most tournaments. The following are suggestions to help you and your tournament.
- Be ready to hit when it is your turn.
- Avoid taking excessive practice swings.
- Keep pace with the group in front of you.
- All tournaments will play a scramble format. If your score is over par, pick up your ball and proceed to the next hole.
- If the putt is “inside the leather,” (within the length of a standard putter) consider it good.
- Always have an extra ball in your pocket in case you lose the one you hit.
***Private ice chests and coolers are not allowed on the golf course***
Our dress code is designed to maintain a high standard of golf etiquette. To avoid any disappointment or embarrassing situations on tournament day, please ensure all your golfers are aware of our dress code:
- No denim jeans or shorts
- Shorts can be no shorter than six inches above the knee
- No cut-offs, spandex, gym shorts, or sweat pants
- Shirts must be worn at all times and must have a collar or sleeves
- No tank tops, halter-tops, bare midriffs, or hockey/football jerseys
- Soft spiked golf shoes only (no metal spikes)
Dress code applies to all golfers, course officials, and volunteers. Anyone violating our dress code will be asked to change or be asked to leave. The Golf Shop is fully stocked with appropriate clothing if necessary.
Proxy Signs (on course contest)*
The golf course staff will prepare your competition markers in advance and place them on the golf course. After your event is completed we will pick them up and turn them over to your tournament director or representative.
Scoreboard, Scorecards, and Cart Signs*
The golf course staff will prepare scorecards and cart signs for your event if you desire. If you would also like a scoreboard prepared for your awards ceremony, we can accommodate that as well. The “Players List” and the “Tournament Questionnaire” we send you will provide the necessary information for us.
Hole Sponsor Signage*
If signage is required on the course, the signs must be labeled with the desired holes and submitted to the Golf Shop 24 hours prior to the tournament date. The Meadows is not responsible for sponsor signs left at the golf course after the event.
No matter what the weather forecast says, we ask that your group still come out to the course and wait to see if the weather improves. We will still hold the event even if it is raining. If there is a downpour and/or thunder and lightning, we will bring your group in from the course and wait to see if the weather improves. In the case of weather that forces us to close the golf course we will work with your group to either rebook the golf event at no additional cost, or extend rain checks for the actual number of players in the event (your guarantee number of players may be higher). These courses of action will be determined by the Director of Golf, Tournament Director, and Group Sales Manager.